Proceeds from this event will benefit CHILDREN with special needs.
Our goal is to present one, or more, area school with a scholarship to advance its special educational programs.
All donations are accepted (no matter how big or small) and are GREATLY appreciated!
Thank you for your support of such a wonderful cause.
- Cook's Choice Competition with Fan Favorite Vote. Guests can purchase 5 tickets for $5 to place their vote. There is no limit on the number of tickets/votes you can purchase. See the Cook's Choice page for more information.
- FREE Live Music. Performing this year are Mitch Ballard, D. Vincent Williams, & Chris Wallin. See the Music page for more information on our Artists.
- BBQ Cook-off with Brisket, Ribs, and Chicken categories. See below for more information, rules, and registration.
- This year's BBQ Cook-off will include Brisket, Pork Ribs, & Chicken categories. Trophies/Plaques will be offered for First, Second, and Third Place in each category and a special trophy will be offered for Best-Over-All Winner.
- Entry Fee is $200 per team & allows you to enter any or all of the categories listed above. Fee can be paid by mailing in an application and check/cashier's check/money order to GCSNA, P.O. Box 1290, Fairfield, TX 75840; OR you can register and pay the day of the event. Credit Card payments will be accepted DAY OF EVENT ONLY.
Cook's Choice Calcutta Competition
- This year we will offer a Cook's Choice Calcutta Competition.
- Entry fee for this event is $25 per team. The winning team will receive 80% of the pot and an award plaque.
- There are no restrictions on what you can chose for your special dish.
- There will be three votes to determine the winner. Two of those votes will be made by guest judges Freestone County Sheriff Jeremy Shipley and Fairfield Chamber of Commerce Executive Administrator Brenda Pate.
- The third vote will be based on the Fan Favorite. Guests will be allowed to purchase voting tickets, 5 for $5 to place their votes (no limit on how many they can buy).
Returning to the stage this year is Fairfield's own Mitch Ballard! Mitch is excited about coming back to his hometown in support of this great cause. Be sure to give him a warm welcome!
Mitch Ballard moved to Nashville, TN in 1992 after graduating from the University of North Texas. Previously an on-air talent in radio and television in his native Texas, Mitch spent the next 16 years in the music business tour managing major national acts, as well as writing songs with some of Nashville's finest singers and songwriters.
In 1997, while working with hit country artist Kevin Sharp, Mitch saw the value and need to be on the Internet. With an off-the-shelf web development program, Mitch launched KevinSharp.com A large number of music based websites soon followed.
After more than a decade of traveling 200+ days out of the year managing artist concert tours, Mitch joined Peter Marcum's WV Fiber to run DevDigital and stay at home. Shortly after, Mitch and Peter took over DevDigital as a separate run company.
With a long background in the music business, Mitch developed early on web-based applications for music booking agencies and a system to manage concert tours for Rascal Flatts, Jason Aldean and Clay Walker. In 2014 Kalatech was formed, naming Brittany Wegusen as CEO and partner, to focus completely on music business software. Under Brittany's leadership, Kalatech has grown from a handful of clients to over 100 adding to the roster such names as Luke Bryan, Starstruck Entertainment, Still Working Music and many more well know names.
Mitch's current projects include The Home Depot, Glow Motion Technologies (Superbowl XLIX, Ariana Grande Tour, Hunter Hayes Tour, Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards, Drake, Keith Urban), Tupperware and all digital assets of historical World Famous Tootsies Orchid Lounge. He is also a key team member of Glow Motion Technologies.
In his spare time, Mitch enjoys the outdoors, is an avid mountain biker, tools western style leather and plays occasional gigs with his 10 piece western swing band Mitch Ballard and The Western Swing Machine. Mitch is also a board member for Sing Me A Story Foundation. A Lifetime Member of the Country Music Association and a voting member of NARAS The Grammys
D. Vincent Williams
This Texas native, and close friend of Mitch Ballard, will be performing alongside Mitch on the stage this year. He is know for several songs such as "I'm Movin' On" by Rascal Flatts.
Meet D. Vincent…
The unsung heroes of the Nashville music scene, songwriters seldom command the spotlight that performing artists do, but hit-maker D. Vincent Williams is a worthy exception to the rule. With undeniable talent as a gifted–and chart-topping–songwriter, backed by years of performing experience, this hit-maker is ready to take center stage in every way.
“I was singing before I could really talk, music just came naturally to me,” remembers Williams. “Songwriting is no different. I hear the melody in my head and then take notes of the pictures that come to mind. The ability to sing, play and write has given me an unlimited freedom of expression.”
Over the course of his remarkable songwriting career, Williams has landed cuts on albums that have sold more than 15 million copies, including “I’m Movin’ On” by Rascal Flatts, Ty Herndon’s “Hands Of A Working Man” and James Otto’s “Just Got Started Lovin’ You.” He has had songs recorded by esteemed artists including Kenny Rogers, Randy Travis, Reba McEntire, Ronnie Milsap, Jason Aldean, and Lee Ann Womack.
“I didn’t choose songwriting, it chose me,” says Williams.
Joining Mitch and D. Vincent on the stage this year is another Nashville Singer/Songwriter who blessed the Country Music scene with "Don't Blink" by Kenny Chesney
With his unique gift for finding the extraordinary in ordinary life, Chris Wallin has established himself as one of Nashville's most sought-after songwriters.
For the past several years, Wallin has topped the charts with classics-in-the-making for the industry's biggest stars: “Love Me If You Can” by Toby Keith, "Don't Blink" by Kenny Chesney, “I’m Tryin” for Trace Adkins, “Something To Be Proud Of” and “Speed” by Montgomery Gentry.
Raised in the small town in East Tennessee, Wallin was influenced by the likes of Jim Croce, James Taylor and Merle Haggard, as well as his own musical family – especially his mother, a singer herself. She recorded and performed in Nashville for a time, and the experience made an indelible impression on the seven-year-old Chris.
10:00 a.m. - Early Cook Team/RV move in. Spots are first-come, first-serve basis only.
- 8:00 a.m. - Cook Team/RV move in
- 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. - Team Registration at the Conference Center (small building)
- 3:00 p.m. - Cook Team Meeting in the Conference Center
- 6:00 p.m. t0 10:00 p.m. - Cook’s Choice Competition voting
- 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. - Musicians take the stage
- 11:00 a.m. – Chicken Turn In Time at the Conference Center
- 11:30 a.m. – Pork Rib Turn In Time at the Conference Center
- Noon – Beef Brisket Turn In Time at the Conference Center
- 1:00 p.m. – Announcement of Winners and Trophy Presentation at the stage
Golden Circle Special Needs Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit group created in late 2014 to raise monies to fund projects and programs for persons with special needs, especially KIDS!
Big T Bash is our primary Annual Fundraiser.
Our Board of Trustees currently includes the following:
President ~ Leldon Childs, Vice President ~ Jeff Kirgan,
Secretary ~ Nicole Schaefer, Treasurer ~ Margaret Childs, and
Members ~ Butch Margraves, Garret Scherer, Brad Franklin, Matt Kirgan
Big T's Buddies
Big T’s Buddies Autism Support Network was organized in Fairfield in the summer of 2010 to serve the local community by providing a broad range of resources and support services to meet the needs of families and individuals affected by the Autism Spectrum Disorder.
We have participation from residents of Freestone County and the surrounding counties of Navarro, Limestone, Leon and Anderson.
Our Mailing Address is: GCSNA, P.O. Box 1290, Fairfield, TX 75840
For any questions you may have, please contact us using the form below.
839 East Commerce Street (Hwy 84)